It's been another one of those years, hasn't it.
Here are my top 10 albums of 2021, in no particular order.
- G.S. Schray — The Changing Account
- Arlo Parks — Collapsed In Sunbeams
- The Coral — Coral Island
- BADBADNOTGOOD — Talk Memory
- Lost Horizons — In Quiet Moments
- Iceage — Seek Shelter
- The Besnard Lakes — The Besnard Lakes Are the Last of the Great Thunderstorm Warnings
- Nubiyan Twist — Freedom Fables
- Mogwai — As The Love Continues
- Public Service Broadcasting — Bright Magic
Here are a few notable mentions that I've also enjoyed:
Paul Weller — Fat Pop; Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphone Orchestra — Promises; Stephen Fretwell — Busy Guy; Teenage Fanclub — Endless Arcade; Arab Strap — As Days Get Dark, IDLES — Crawler, Godspeed You! Black Emperor — G_d's Pee at State's End!, and The War on Drugs — I Don't Live Here Anymore
Just like last year, I've thrown in a Brucey Bonus for you; My Year in Tracks — 2021
I've discovered a lot of stuff this year, and just like last year, I've put together a playlist on Spotify with 1 track from each album that I've enjoyed. I've been working from home pretty much all year, which is something I struggle with as I really miss the social interactions that come with working from an office. At least this situation has meant I've been able to enjoy a large range of music.
If you decide to listen to this, then I hope you find something you like.
Wherever you are in the world, have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, prosperous new year.